Channel Islands National Park 5 Day Expedition
Explore the Channel Islands on this unique voyage
No experience necessary
Northern Channel Islands, California
September 7 5:00 pm – 11th 5pm.
5 days/ 4 nights
$1,995 for Sea Trek Members
$2,245 for non-members
- Live aboard on a custom built dive boat.
- Hike desolate crystal white beaches on remote islands
- Kayak through sea caves and remote off shore rocks
- Dive and snorkel in one of the best diving locations in California
- Catered locally inspired meals aboard the Truth
- Incredible photo opportunities
An Epic 5 Day Voyage Through the Northern Channel Islands
Cruise through the Northern Channel Islands on an unforgettable adventure where you will dive, kayak, hike, and experience wild, rugged nature. Land on remote white sand beaches, explore the less-visited trails, and kayak through the world’s largest sea caves, watch playful pinnipeds, and dive or snorkel in an underwater wilderness in one of the most biologically diverse marine ecosystems on the planet.
Channel Islands National Park, Ventura, CA
- Departure Harbor: Santa Barbara Harbor, Sea Landing
- Destination: San Miguel, Santa Rosa, and Santa Cruz Islands
- Explore Channel Islands National Park on a unique multi-sport adventure that offers world-class diving, kayaking, hiking, wildlife, and much more
- Bunk room accommodations with linens, blankets, and pillows.
- Free O2 and Nitrox tank refills
- Divemaster on deck for diving/snorkeling
- Guides and naturalists for kayaking and hiking
- Tandem or single person kayak w/ backrest, seat, and adjustable paddle
- 3mm farmer john wetsuit for kayaking
- Lifejacket (PFD)
- Cave Helmet
- Mask, snorkel
- All meals, snacks, and beverages
- Dive wetsuit
- Dive gear
- Snorkeling fins
- Cold water wetsuit for snorkeling
- If you plan to dive or snorkel our recommendation is that you bring your own or rent
Meet your crew at the Sea Landing in the Santa Barbara Harbor (at 301 West Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA).
You will board the Truth at 5:30 pm to load gear and check in with our crew. We will have a welcome dinner and toast. A mandatory briefing will occur at 9:00 pm, and all loading of personal items should be completed before then. All guests must be present for the briefing. After the briefing, and once the manifest has been signed, passengers are not allowed to leave the vessel. Weather permitting, we plan on departing right after the briefing at 9:30 pm.
Check-in at 5:30 pm. Welcome dinner and toast.
Once the mandatory briefing has occurred, passengers are not permitted to leave the boat.
Overnight Capacity – 24 people in 13 oversized and 11 personal bunks.
Bunks are dressed with pillows, blankets, and privacy curtains.
Over the course of our 4-day adventure, we will visit San Miguel, Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, and Anacapa Islands as conditions allow, spending the entire time inside the Channel Islands National Park and Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary. Regardless of our itinerary, this is guaranteed to be an epic trip! Highlights of this trip can include:
SAN MIGUEL ISLAND
- Hike: Land on the crystal white sand beach of Cuyler Harbor, then hike to Point Bennet where up to 30,000 pinnipeds of five different species can be seen.
- Kayak: Paddle around Harris Point and into Cuyler Harbor, then circumnavigate Prince Island in the middle of this tranquil and protected bay.
- Dive and snorkel: Get in the water at Tyler Bight, one of the most remote anchorages of all the Channel Islands, to experience the kelp forests and abundant underwater life.
SANTA ROSA ISLAND
- Hike: Land at Bechers Bay and hike through the Torrey Pines grove, one of only two in the world! Visit native Chumash village sites and middens. Keep an eye out for island foxes, spotted skunks, and munchkin dudleya!
- Kayak: Explore rugged Carrington Point with the wind at your back as you float over extensive kelp forests.
SANTA CRUZ ISLAND
- Kayak: Paddle around Gull Island, a seabird hotspot, and one of the more remote offshore rocks in Channel Islands National Park. Explore and paddle through sea caves, including Painted Cave, the longest sea cave in the world!
- Dive and snorkel: Investigate the underwater volcanic walls and kelp beds at the various anchorages we often visit.
- Kayak: Paddle through spectacular caves and arches along this dramatic volcanic coast, including Arch Rock – symbol of the Channel Islands National Park.
- Dive and snorkel: Cathedral Cove, Landing Cove, and Cat Rock offer beautiful dives with often warmer waters.
After exploring Painted Cave and having lunch, we will prepare the boat for the return trip to Santa Barbara, approximately 2.5 hours. We will keep our eyes peeled for whales and dolphins in the channel. You are welcome to enjoy an adult beverage or two on the sundeck as we cross back to the mainland and close out our epic multi-day expedition!
Estimated arrival time in Santa Barbara Harbor is 5:00pm