Destination / Location
Outside the Golden Gate Bridge along the coast
Click on BOOK NOW for dates/times Click on CALENDAR for all scheduled activities
- Prerequisites: Intro and Intermediate SK Class, ability to paddle 8-10 miles
- Paddling under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Lunch on a beach along the coast
- Exploring sea caves (assuming relatively calm conditions)
- Amazing views of Alcatraz, San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, The Marin Headlands, Pt. Bonita Lighthouse and the coastline
Paddle along the coast
This is truly a thrilling trip only offered in the fall. We’ll be paddling traditional single kayaks allowing for an intimate exploration of the coastline outside the G.G. Bridge. Assuming conditions allow for it, our journey takes us out past the Point Bonita Lighthouse and north along the sea cave studded coastline. If conditions are relatively calm you’ll have the opportunity to paddle into sea caves, and in and around the small offshore rocky islands that are so typical of this stretch of coastline. There is a sense of remoteness and grandeur here along this section of the wild coast. As we turn and paddle back you’ll have incredible views of the bridge, the S.F. Bay and San Francisco.
Bring your own lunch. Meet up location is Horseshoe Bay/Fort Baker, Sausalito. Directions will be provided. To check dates/ starting time and reserve your spot today click on BOOK NOW or call 415-332-8494.
Meet Place: Fort Baker, Sausalito. Important: Study the directions!
COMING FROM THE NORTH OR SOUTH ON HWY 101:
- If you’re coming from SF and South: Take the first exit (Alexander Exit) after crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. Proceed downhill for about 50-100 yards and take a left following the sign Fort Baker & Bay Area Discovery Museum. If you’re coming from the North: Take the last exit, Sausalito Exit just before the Golden Gate Bridge. Bear right following the Sausalito and Bay Area Discovery Museum signs. Drive under the freeway to the stop sign. Continue downhill. Take your first left at the Fort Baker & Bay Area Discovery Museum sign.
- 100 yards later take a right following the 2nd Fort Baker & Bay Area Discovery Museum sign. (Note: do not enter the Ft. Cronkite Tunnel.) Continue downhill to stop sign. Go right following Bay Area Discovery sign. At the next stop sign go left on Center Road/East Road towards Bay Area Discovery Museum. Look for New Breitung Road and take a right to the end and continue past Battery Yates sign. Road will drop down onto Marina Road (next to Travis Marina Bar) and look for the Sea Trek truck (white Ford F-150) and trailer and/or Sea Trek staff and kayaks on the beach below. (You will now be on the east side of Horseshoe Bay near the sailboats just in front of the big Presidio Yacht Club/ Travis Marina Bar building). Mileage from freeway: approx. 1.6 miles.
From Downtown Sausalito
- Follow Bridgeway south out of town. Brideway turns into Second Street (pass the Golden Gate Market) and then Second Street turns into Alexander Avenue. Follow Alexander Avenue uphill for a short while then take a right at the Fort Baker sign and onto East Road. Follow this road for approximately one mile and you’ll come to the Bay Area Discovery Museum. Look for New Breitung Road and take a left to the end and continue past Battery Yates sign. Road will drop down onto Marina Road (next to Travis Marina Bar) and look for the Sea Trek truck (white Ford F-150) and trailer and/or Sea Trek staff and kayaks on the beach below. (You will now be on the east side of Horseshoe Bay near the sailboats just in front of the big Presidio Yacht Club/ Travis Marina Bar building).