Offering kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals conveniently located just north of San Francisco in Sausalito. Enjoy the serene beauty of Sausalito’s protected bay (Richardson Bay) in a whole new way on a kayak or SUP . Most of the year we are open seven days a week closing only on Mondays after Thanksgiving through March. Join us in Sausalito for a kayak or sup rental today!
Kayak and SUP Rentals
Especially during the summer months, expect high winds most afternoons. First time paddlers, groups with small kids, and stand-up paddlers are advised to make reservations before 1 pm. Out of an abundance of caution, there will be times that we won’t be able to accommodate rentals due to high winds on the water.
- Walk-ins for rentals are welcome. We still appreciate and encourage people to make a reservation so that we are ready for you when you arrive.
- If you are feeling sick or experiencing cold like/COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. You’ll never be charged for not showing up.
- All members of your group must sign a waiver before coming to Sea Trek.
We are so glad to help you get on the water again!
Step 1. Online Rental Waiver:
Once you click “Make A Reservation” below you’ll need to sign a rental waiver. If you already have one click on “I have signed a waiver…” to look it up. Otherwise create a new waiver.
Step 2. Equipment:
Select your choice of equipment for every member of your party. You may make changes on arrival if necessary due to weather conditions. Please note that we often have to stop renting SUPs in the afternoon due to wind.
The other members of your party will also have to sign an online rental waiver. Send them this link: Sea Trek Online Rental Waiver.
Step 3. Duration:
The default is 1:00. You can always stay out as long as you want but must return before closing time.
Step 4. Start At:
Select day and time slot. Green/blue means available and white/grey means we are sold out for that time slot.
Step 5. Billing information:
Enter your credit card information. You won’t be charged until after your paddle. Best to bring a credit card with you for back-up.
If you have a Book of Time (pre-paid rental hours) or are a Member please let us know when you arrive.
Step 6. Complete Reservation.
If you need to cancel or change your reservation please email us at email@example.com
Kayak Rental Prices & Equipment
SIT-ON-TOP SEA KAYAKS
SINGLES & DOUBLES
Sit-on-top kayaks are an excellent option if you are new to kayaking. As the name suggests, you sit on top of them rather than inside them, and they are very good at staying upright and afloat. They are self-bailing, so you can use them without having any past experience on a kayak.
TRADITIONAL SEA KAYAKS
SINGLES & DOUBLES
Traditional kayaks require you to sit inside them rather than on top. This gives you certain advantages, but it requires an experienced kayaker. If you want to rent a traditional kayak, you must have taken an introductory class in which you practiced capsizing and self-rescues.
SUP RENTAL PRICES & EQUIPMENT
One hour minimum charge, then prorated every 15 minute afterwards.
Learn about our membership program.
Buy our Book of Time, 10 Hours of rental time for $175
Purchase at Sea Trek or buy a Gift Certificate
Your rental includes a stand up paddleboard, a paddle, and a life jacket. You will have many stand up paddleboards to choose from
STAND UP PADDLEBOARD
The stand up paddleboard looks like a large, heavy surfboard, and like a surfboard, you stand on it. However, here in the bay, rather than being propelled by waves you’ll be using a long paddle to move forward. Balance can be an issue so it’s best to start with a wider board. Stand Up paddling offers an excellent core workout. We have very stable beginner boards and 12’6″ touring boards for intermediate and advanced paddlers.
Hours of Operation
WE’RE OPEN FOR RENTALS ALL YEAR (last rental goes out 1 hour before closing)
Special Closures: Day Before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas day.
Monday – Sunday 9am-4 pm
November 29-March 31
Tuesday – Sunday 9am – 4pm
Closed on Mondays except holidays
April 1 – May 31
Monday – Sunday 9am – 5pm
June – October
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday – Sunday 8:30am – 5pm
Code of Conduct
- LIFE JACKET MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES ON THE WATER.
- BE AWARE OF THE DIRECTION AND CHANGE IN STRENGTH OF THE WIND & CURRENT (Ask a Staff member if you are not sure)
- STAY IN A KNEELING POSITION WHEN GETTING ON AND RETURNING THE PADDLE BOARDS TO THE DOCK
- DO NOT PADDLE UNDER ANY PIER OR INTO EMPTY BOAT SLIPS
- STAY OUT OF THE WAY OF ALL BOATS – THEY HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY
- STAY IN RICHARDSON BAY. DO NOT GO BEYOND THE TRIDENT/SCOMA RESTAURANT IN DOWNTOWN SAUSALITO
- STAY BACK AT LEAST 100 FEET FROM THE HARBOR SEALS ON THE DOCKS
- RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE HOUSEBOAT RESIDENTS
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
- NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME
HAVE A FUN SAFE PADDLE