Destination / Location
Every Saturday and Sunday
- Learn essential rescues
- Expert Instructors
- Build your confidence on the water
- Have Fun
When you are just starting out as a kayaker, it’s important to build your confidence along with your skills. This all-day weekend class is dedicated to building enough of a knowledge base that you will be able to start paddling on your own. Lessons will include boat design, paddling technique, rescue skills, and a discussion of tides and weather. After Sea Trek’s Introductory Kayaking Class, you’ll be ready to paddle in relatively protected waters the world over.
The class runs from 8:45am-4pm every Saturday and Sunday at Sea Trek’s Bay Model location. Wetsuit, paddle jacket, and other kayaking equipment is included in the cost of the class. Lunch is not included. To reserve your spot today, contact us online or at (415) 332-8494 by phone.
Bay Model, 2100 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965 Follow Bay Model signs, and park in Bay Model lot.
COMING FROM THE NORTH ON HWY 101:
- Take Sausalito/Marin City exit. Sea Trek is roughly 1.7 miles.
- Go left under the freeway and right onto Bridgeway.
- Count seven signal lights (including the signal where you turn right onto Bridgeway).
- Turn left on Marinship Way. This is the first possible left after Harbor Drive and is opposite a 7-11 market and bus stop shelter.
- Go down the hill and continue straight. Follow Bay Model signs. Turn right between Bay Model warehouses. Drive towards the water and the Bay Model/Sea Trek parking lot is on the left. Parking is free.
COMING FROM THE SOUTH (Golden Gate Bridge) ON HWY 101:
- Take the Rodeo Drive exit off 101 (comes after Spencer Drive exit). From exit to Sea Trek is approx. 1.2 miles.
- At the first stop sign bear left onto Nevada Street.
- Nevada Street ends at Bridgeway. Turn right on Bridgeway and at the second signal light (just after Spring Street signal light) take a left at Marinship Way (opposite a 7-11 market and bus stop shelter).
Learn Basic Kayaking Skills First Strokes – Kayak Touring for Sit-on-Top & Sit-inside Kayaks by Mitch Powers Second Edition Written by Sea Trek’s head instructor Mitch Powers
If you want a primer to review what you know before taking a class, or simply want to supplement your learning in class with something you can take home and read, First Strokes is an excellent guide to the basic skills you’ll need to paddle a kayak. Written by Sea Trek’s own head instructor, Mitch Powers, this guide has:
First Strokes covers all the basic skills needed to start the adventure of kayaking! If you want to keep it simple this book will give you basic strokes, rescues and safety information. For those wishing to advance further you’ll find in-depth discussions of all the major kayaking skills as well as “extra points” sections at the end of most chapters where you can take your skills to the next level.Purchase First Strokes here!